The word Reiki comes from the Japanese word (Rei) which means “Universal Life” and (Ki) which means “Energy”.
Reiki is the life energy that flows through all living things. Reiki is a very simple process, but usually produces quite profound positive results in people’s lives. Reiki can be used to maintain wellness in your life and to restore the body after injury.
It sometimes takes time for the Physical, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual bodies to be brought back into balance so you might need 1-3 treatment sessions.
How can Reiki help me?
The main purpose of my Reiki Clinic is not only to heal people, but also to promote a positive mind and healthy body so that you can experience joy in your life.
Reiki works directly on restoring the balance on all levels (mind-body-spirit) and works directly on the problem and condition instead of just masking or relieving symptoms. Reiki treatment helps to shift the body’s “fight or flight” (stress) response to a state of relaxation, releasing tension from the entire system and helps to balance your unique body, mind and spirit and your body’s own healing mechanisms often begin functioning more effectively.
Anyone can experience Reiki as it benefits you in all aspects of your mind, body and spirit.
- Dissolves energy blocks and promotes natural balance between mind, body and spirit
- Increases energy levels
- Creates deep relaxation and helps the body release stress and tension
- Clears the mind and improves focus
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing ability
- Aids better sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve pain
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins
- Supports the immune system
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional cleansing
- Promotes creativity; and
- Compliments medical treatment
Conditions Reiki can treat?
Reiki can be a great benefit to many conditions by helping you deal with the pain, release emotions attached to the symptom and assist in healing the ailment. Some of the many conditions Reiki can treat are as follows:
- Releases blockages and resistance in the body
- Depression / Anxiety
- Headaches / Migraines / Head Injuries / Comas
- Loss / Grief / Sadness / Suffering / Trauma
- Nervousness / Fear / Phobias
- Improves memory power / attention / brings mental clarity
- Mental Imbalances / Mental Illness
- Skin conditions / Allergies / Sensitivities
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Helps to soothe pain in the body
- Low Self Esteem
- Poor Self Confidence
- Eating disorders i.e. bulimia and anorexia
- Unhealthy habits and patterns
- Addictions i.e. alcohol, food, drugs, smoking
- Emotional issues around self harm and abuse
- Improves Relationships
- Calms negative situations
- and many more
What can you expect from a Reiki session?
We will do a quick consultation prior to your treatment where I will explain the process, and ask if you have any specific issues you want us to focus on. Here you can also let me know whether you have any health condition that might impact you lying flat on your back or front or if you have any areas that are sensitive or off-limits to touch.
What will you experience?
A Reiki session is usually 60 minutes and is offered through light, non-invasive touch with the practitioner’s hands placed and held on or just over the body in a series of locations on the head, torso, legs and feet. Reiki treatments can be done with you lying on a treatment bed or sitting comfortably supported in a chair with the recipient being fully clothed.
Many of my clients say: “Your hands were so warm” – “I had a tingly feeling” – “I feel like I am floating” – “I feel totally refreshed and relaxed” – “I feel so happy” – “I think I fell asleep?” – “I feel completely calm and relaxed”.
These are all completely normal and typically what happens during a Reiki session.
You are welcome to fall asleep, this means your body is in a deep state of relaxation and at its best to receive healing.