Self Nurture Series: Unblocking and Healing Your Foot Chakra
Sometimes you might feel a little spacey, disconnected from yourself, out of sorts or “ungrounded” – the answer to this is “earthing” or “grounding” yourself again.
The flow of energy passes from chakra to chakra and the foot chakra is an important center because we draw energy from Earth into our chakra system. Feet chakras are not only the main centers of vitality and grounding they are also centers of detoxification as energy travels from upper chakras to lower chakras and then down into the earth where energy is being recycled. An imbalanced (blocked) foot chakra will affect people negatively, will become portals of psychic attacks, in particular earthbound spirits.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms your foot chakra might be blocked.
- Feeling disconnected and disoriented.
- Heals slowly.
- Do you suffer from insomnia.
- Feel confused and can’t seem to easily work out what you want.
- Spaced out, especially when doing meditation or other forms of spiritual connection.
- Full of ideas and feel creative but either can’t make a decision or can’t follow anything through from concept to completion.
- You seem to lose the benefits of energy healing, chiropractic adjustments or acupuncture treatments very quickly.
- Feel restless.
- Suffer from nightmares.
- Feel exhausted even after a good night’s sleep.
When your foot chakra is open, activated and grounded it helps balance and energise all other chakras in the body.
How do you help heal and open your foot chakra?
CONNECTING WITH MOTHER EARTH
Stand bare feet on the ground and imagine yourself as a strong well grounded tree – roots firmly in the earth and connecting your energy with the energy from the centre of the earth. Feel the energy from Mother Earth move up through your feet, opening and clearing any blockages.
WALKING IN NATURE
The quickest way to ground yourself is to simply take off your shoes and walk bare feet on the grass or walk on the beach and imagine the waves cleanse and heal your feet.
You can do this grounding meditation.
Listen to the AUDIO here:
Stand with your feet firmly on the ground or sit cross legged on the grass if you are unable to stand.
Close your eyes, breathe in for 6 counts and breathe out for 6 counts. Continue to breathe deeply and become aware of your body growing heavier, almost sinking into the earth.
Feel the warmth from the sun playing over your body, energising you.
Imagine energy now surrounding you, entering your feet as a swirling ball of warm white light and travelling up your body, warming and healing as it moves up into your head and out your crown chakra.
Feel your body growing heavier and be aware of your breathing as you imagine your energy connecting with the energy from the earth.
Imagine roots from your body going into the earth making you feel connected, strong and grounded.
Continue to breathe deeply as you feel this strong connection and attachment with earth beneath you.
Be aware of the energy which surrounds you – you are protected in this space. Breathe in, Breathe out.
Breathe in, Breathe out. Imagine all scattered energy returning to your body, wriggle your fingers and toes.
When you’re ready, open your eyes.
CRYSTAL FOOT BATH
Image by Popsugar – Read here what different crystal colours mean
- Let your intuition guide you and choose several different crystals for your crystal foot bath.
- Place the crystals carefully in a big enough container to soak your feet.
- As you place each crystal in the bath, set your intention i.e. “Thank you for clearing and energising my foot chakra”
- Fill with luke warm water and add a couple of drops of frankincense or sandalwood essential oil to your crystal foot bath.
- Place feet in the crystal foot bath and soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Take care to give your crystals a good rinse with clean water afterwards to get rid of any oils.
ESSENTIAL OIL FOOT RUB
Finally, nurture and nourish your foot chakra and help anchor your grounded energy by rubbing a few drops of pure essential oil on the soles of your feet. Cedarwood, Sage, Peppermint, Frankincense, Neroli, Cypress, Vetiver and Pine essential oils all help keep the flow of positive energy going. I love making my own sprays, creams and lotions using essential oils, crystal essence and mixing it with a natural base for example, sesame seed oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil or any cream or lotion base with no perfume added.
Energy healers can help unblock energy centers and re-balance your whole body. Unblocking your foot chakra with energy healing can:
- Speed up the healing process
- Magnifies grounding so it stays longer and is more powerful
- Reduces tiredness and stress
- Removes blockages related to manifestation
- Heals insomnia
- Eliminates negative energies, psychic attacks, nightmares
To find out more about energy healing and how it can help you, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
With love and light,